Sarasota Traffic Violations Attorney
Serving Clients Throughout Manatee County
While traffic violations are not the most serious crimes, they can cause major disruptions to your life if left unchecked. Even a simple Sarasota traffic ticket can lead to an increase in insurance rates and penalties for future violations. I can help you. Lail Law Firm, PLLC has built a reputation for dependable defense when it counts. With an experienced Sarasota traffic violations attorney on your side, you can feel secure about getting the best possible outcome for your case.
How to Defend Against a Citation
Law enforcement officers aren’t perfect. Sometimes, they make mistakes through unlawful traffic stops, faulty equipment, or just plain false accusations. After more than a decade defending my clients against these kinds of charges, I know what it takes to avoid adding a Sarasota traffic ticket or other charge to your driving record. The sooner you call Lail Law Firm, PLLC, the more time I will have to investigate what happened and uncover errors made during the citation.
We may be able to show that:
- Your driving was safe: In cases of a subjective conclusion by a police officer, such as with a reckless driving charge, it is the job of your lawyer to utilize legal experts in showing that your driving was not dangerous or reckless. We may be able to prove you had to drive that way to avoid further harm or that you were in an emergency.
- The police officer did not have a clear view of what happened: When police officers issue citations, it is tough to get the court to side with you instead of them. However, by using witness statements and photographic evidence, you may be able to prove your side of the story.
- You made a simple mistake: Did you run a newly installed stop sign? Were the rules of an intersection confusing? These are just a few of the errors that can occur when driving that do not denote irresponsible behavior. I can help you show that your citation was excessive.
Traffic Violations in Florida
Under Florida law, you can receive traffic tickets for a variety of traffic violations such as:
- Failure to yield
- Improper lane crossing
- Ignoring traffic lights and stop signs
- Unlawfully parking in a handicap parking spot
- Driving with burned-out headlights
- Overdue parking meters
How Many Miles/Hour over the Speed Limit is Reckless Driving in Florida?
In Florida, driving 30 mph over the speed limit is considered reckless driving. his is per Florida Statuses Section 316.192, which states that “any person who “drives a vehicle in a willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.” If you get a speeding ticket in Florida, you have three options to move forward. You may pay the appropriate fines by visiting the Clerk of Court or online. If you pay the fine, it is considered a conviction, and points will be assessed to the driver’s record. To lessen the fees you’re required to pay, you may also take a driver improvement course.
How Do I Find Out if I Have Tickets on My License in Florida?
To see if you have tickets in your license in Florida, you must follow the following steps:
- Visit the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle website. Click "Online Resources," then "driver license check."
- Enter your driver's license then click "enter". Verify your identity by entering the last four digits of your Social Security number and date of birth. Click "Enter," and your the form will verify your information. If the data your entered matches their records, your driver history will be displayed.
How Long do I Have to Pay a Ticket in Florida?
In Florida, you have 30 days to pay for a ticket if you choose to pay the ticket. If you decide to take a driver improvement course instead of paying the ticket, you must sign the Driver Improvement Course Affidavit Form and file it with the Clerk's office along with the payment for the ticket. Upon receipt of your affidavit and ticket payment, you will be granted an extra 30 to 60 days to attend a driver improvement school in the State of Florida. Failure to participate in the school or pay the fine will result in assessed late fees and potential suspension of your driver's license. However, with successful completion of the driver improvement school, no points will be assessed against your driver's license.
Get Started Now
Your successful defense hinges on your ability to tell a compelling story. The prosecution knows this, and they will be busy coming up with what they consider undeniable reasons for why you should suffer criminal consequences. At Lail Law Firm, PLLC, I can help you show why your behavior was not as dangerous or irresponsible as the other side alleges. I need time to help you build a strong defense, so call as soon as possible.
Lail Law Firm, PLLC is a client-focused firm that has your best interest in mind. We are available 24/7 to best suit your needs.
With care, attention, and my years of experience in Criminal Defense, Attorney Brian J. Lail will fight hard to obtain the most favorable outcome.
Attorney Brian J. Lail offers free consultations. Call today to schedule a consultation with an aggressive criminal defense attorney.
Yo Hablo Espanol
If you are in need of Spanish speaking services, Attorney Brian J. Lail is ALTA fluent in Spanish.